I was having dinner after work with my fiancee last night, over a meal of ‘chai peng'(aka plain white rice with a choice of stir fried dishes) and a conversation of this blog I’ve started and my plans to distribute Ken Reishi here, I discovered a lesser known trait that she had(after 4 years). I know what you’re thinking, it’s the cliche “happens in any relationship and you thought you knew everything there is to know about each other scenario”. Essentially, what I found out was that her level of skepticism was a few notches above mine, especially when it comes to health products proclaiming wonderful and miraculous healing properties (think smiling pills). Reflecting on it when I got home, I have decided to go on a mission to educate myself and the fiancee, along with the rest of my readers, on the benefits of Reishi only from credible sources of information(Medical journals, actual studies conducted etc). Therefore boys and girls, I’ll do the research so you don’t have to, plus you can find it all here in my blog (Getting into mood for research also serves a dual beneficial purpose because I’ll be embarking on my Masters in Training and Development in March). So here’s an introduction to Reishi first of all(I’ll keep it short to spare you the pain of reading the scientific jargon and other ‘good to knows’).
WHAT IS REISHI?
- Reishi, 麗芝(Japanese name) a.k.a Ganoderma lucidum,or Lingzhi(Chinese name) is a type of mushroom/fungi species
- First recorded in the Han Dynasty(over 2000 years)
- A highly regarded herb in Traditional Chinese medicine due to multiple benefit and absence of side effects
- 6 different types of Reishi (differentiated by color: red, purple, blue, yellow, black, white)
- The mushroom organism is a fine thread-like network called mycelium. Mycelium is found living in soil, logs and other organic litter. Mushrooms and their mycelium are nature’s original recyclers and source their nutrients from dead organic matter or soil .
HERBAL MEDICATION IS DIFFERENTIATED BY CATEGORIES:
- Superior category includes herbs effective for multiple diseases and mostly responsible for maintaining and restoring the body balance. No unfavorable side effects.
- Mid category includes tonics and boosters and their consumption must not be prolonged.
- Low category must be taken usually in small dosages and for specific ailments. This category includes some poisonous herbs.
Reishi is ranked number one of the superior medicines.
Subscribe to my blog for more about Reishi soon.